Register Interest - Festival Steward 2023
Alliance Events are currently registering interest to join our Festivals and Events team in summer 2023! If you are interested in joining our team and hearing more about what we offer, please apply via the link below. If you have any questions in the meantime please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alliance Events manage major events and venues throughout the UK. Our portfolio includes concerts, festivals, sporting events, late bars, student venues and on campus events. We offer truly flexible work opportunities.
Our team is renowned for delivering a service level that goes above and beyond in an inclusive and progressive environment. We put this down to a simple formula of recruiting talented people, empowering them to undertake their roles confidently and ensuring their welfare is paramount. We understand for many who work with us that flexibility is vital. Our company is designed to cater for this, enabling you to pick the shifts that work for you.
What events do we work at? To name a few...
The School Games
- Reference ID: Venue/Stew/0001
- Job Type: Part-time
- Salary: £8.26 - £10.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Experience: None required - you will go through internal and onsite training.
- Work remotely: No
At Alliance Events, our stewarding team carry out a number of roles. These roles always circle around ensuring the safety of customers and other event staff members. Examples of roles are listed below (your roles are not limited to this list);
- Crowd Safety Steward
- Brand Ambassadors
- Ticket Checks
- Accreditation access (wristband check)
- Stage pits
- Welfare & Admin roles
- Queue management
- Fire Exit Marshall
- Traffic Management
In your responsibilities as an Event Steward, you will be expected to;
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer care and service.
- Ensure all customers are safe and that management are contacted if an issue is identified.
- Familiarise yourself with the layout of a site/venue and the available facilities including first aid and welfare facilities in order to deliver and assist the public with relevant information.
- Understand your role and duties, including Health and Safety responsibilities; in particular to children and those with disabilities.
- Attend pre-event briefings to ascertain the event details.
- Carry out pre-event checks.
- Monitor and assist with crowd safety (training will provided).
- Report any disturbances or incidents.
- Report any medical incident by raising the alarm and providing the necessary and appropriate help as required.
- Experience in customer focused roles & environments.
- Must be able to work as part of a close knit team.
- Display initiative and remain calm under pressure.
- Be willing to work long shifts, sometimes 12 hour days, whilst remaining professional.
- Display our values - Reliability & Trust, Leadership & Communication, Competence & Training
What we can offer you in exchange for the commitment and dedication shown by our team members, Alliance events is committed to offering the following:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- 24/7 support from our supervisory team during events.
- A friendly, diverse, and inclusive working environment.
- Travel arrangements' assistance.
- Campsite or other accommodation provisions with facilities including dedicated shower and toilets facilities (summer festival & event sites).
- Flexible work is available throughout the year.
- Real progression opportunities, mentoring, and the ability to gain supervisor and management experience.
- Loyalty perks, including access to additional qualifications and hourly rate increases.
WHAT CAN I WORK?
Alliance Events manage a portfolio of concerts, festivals, sports, venues and on campus events nationwide. If you have been successful with your application, you will be able to access our shifts & events calendar on our internal staffing portal, from which you will be able to apply for these shifts months in advance. You may from time to time also receive an email asking if you are available to work or be contacted by one of our staff members who will inform you of up and coming events and ask if you would like to work. Alliance Events offers a flexible working environment to our professional team, when you have completed your onboarding process, you will be able to pick and choose shifts that work around your commitments.