SIA Security Officer - Festivals Team (Nationwide)
Alliance Events are actively recruiting SIA Licensed Door Supervisors to join our 2022 UK Festivals Team!
Alliance Events manage major events and venues throughout the UK. Our portfolio includes concerts, festivals, sporting events, late bars, student venues and on campus events. We offer truly flexible work opportunities.
Our team is renowned for delivering a service level that goes above and beyond in an inclusive and progressive environment. We put this down to a simple formula of recruiting talented people, empowering them to undertake their roles confidently and ensuring their welfare is paramount. We understand for many who work with us that flexibility is vital. Our company is designed to cater for this, enabling you to pick the shifts that work for you.
- Reference ID: Venue/SIA/0001
- Job Type: Part-time
- Salary: £11.00 - £12.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Experience: Security: 1 year (preferred)
- Licence/ Certification: SIA (required)
- Work remotely: No
In your role as a security team members you will be expected to;
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer care at all times.
- Familiarise themselves with the layout of a site/venue and the available facilities including first aid, welfare facilities in order to deliver and assist the public with relevant information.
- Understand their role and duties, including Health and Safety responsibilities; in particular to children and those with disabilities.
- Attend pre-shift briefings.
- Carry out pre-shift checks.
- Monitor signs for overcrowding.
- Report any disturbances or incidents.
- Report any medical incident by raising the alarm and providing the necessary and appropriate help as required.
- Respond to emergencies by raising the alarm and providing necessary and appropriate immediate help as required.
- Support the Stewards and Supervisors during the event.
- Adhere to radio protocol.
- Liaise with Supervisors, Managers and Event Control throughout the event updating them on any security related issues.
- Comply with the venues rules of management regarding the removal of disruptive patrons and reporting of the same.
- Ensure all search protocols are adhered to, assist with defusing conflict situations when required and reporting them to Supervisor/Manager.
- Provide verbal and written reports as required on event related issues.
- Prevent illicit entry into restricted areas; such a back of house, VIP areas and backstage.
- Comply with all Health and Safety Regulations and Safe Working Practice as required by current legislation and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and practices.
- Ensure all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures the information is received and understood.
- All security applicants must have, or be willing to obtain, a valid SIA licence.
- Experience in a challenging, customer focused environment.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Display initiative and remain calm under pressure.
- Be willing to work long shifts, sometimes 12 hour days, whilst remaining professional.
- Display our values - Reliability & Trust, Leadership & Communication, Competence & Training.
What we can offer you in exchange for the commitment and dedication shown by our team members, Alliance Events is committed to offering the following:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- 24/7 support from our supervisory team during events.
- A friendly, diverse, and inclusive working environment.
- Travel arrangement's assistance.
- Campsite or other accommodation provisions with facilities including dedicated shower and toilets facilities (Summer festival & event sites).
- Flexible work available throughout the year.
- Real progression opportunities, mentoring, and the ability to gain supervisor and management experience.
- Loyalty perks, including access to additional qualifications and hourly rate increases.
WHAT CAN I WORK?
Alliance Events manage a portfolio of concerts, festivals, sports, venues and on campus events nationwide. If you have been successful with your application, you will be able to access our shifts & events calendar on our internal staffing portal, from which you will be able to apply for these shifts months in advance. You may from time to time also receive an email asking if you are available to work or be contacted by one of our staff members who will inform you of up and coming events and ask if you would like to work. Alliance Events offers a flexible working environment to our professional team, when you have completed your onboarding process, you will be able to pick and choose shifts that work around your commitments.